The Sum up is the last steps to complete your feedback. It will allow you to give your students a grade, write a personal comment and emphasise what your students should focus on.
1. Write a summarising note to your student
Already while giving feedback, you can collect your thoughts on the student’s text by writing in the → Write sum up section. This personal sum up comment will be shown to the students at the end of their Feedback Flow.
2. Select a grade and the main comments
If you have completed your corrections, click on → Next to open the Sum up window.
The grade (If you have chosen not to grade your students’ work, this part will not apply).
- If you have decided to grade your students’ works, you need to enter a grade in the text field.
- If your students can only pass or not pass, select one of the two options.
- Lock grade: Make sure that your students first go through the entire feedback flow before they can see the grade. This feature can be disabled.
Tell your students how much time you expect them to spend on your feedback by filling out the → Student study time.
Main comments: The main comments will direct your student’s attention to the most important problems or aspects in their text.
You can select a comment as a main comment by clicking on the → . Alternatively, you can drag and drop a comment from the additional comments to the main comment section.
Additional comments: Additional comments will also be shown in the Feedback Flow after the students have seen the main comments.
The order of comments: You can decide in which order the comments should be shown to your student. Simply, drag and drop a comment to a different position.
The preview will allow you to see how your feedback is shown to the students. Click on the → preview eye icon and go through the feedback flow of your student.
As a next step, send your feedback. Click here.